Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ted Turner's Abnormality

I think I now know why Dan Rather was crying when he talked about the current media environment. Now, it's not like a story highlighting the insanity of left-wing nutjob Ted Turner, is going to shock me. Just read what he has to say, or you can listen to how he talks. Do I(!) really have to point out something here is not quite normal.
The full story
is here, Text of clip, MP3 audio clip

Brent Baker, September 19, 2005

Blitzer: "Trust, but verify,' as they used to say. We want to talk a little bit more about today's developments involving North Korea with CNN founder and Chairman of Turner Enterprises, Ted Turner. He's joining us once again from New York. You spent some time recently in North Korea, Ted. Did this agreement come to you as a surprise?"

Ted Turner: "No. No. I talked with quite a few of the North Korean leaders and South Korean leaders, too, and spent really the most time with the head negotiator for North Korea. And I was really over there to try and persuade North and South Korea to make the DMZ into an international peace park when, fuck the freedom thing huh Ted, as long as they have a "peace park" when they sign a peace treaty, which I anticipate will be fairly soon, now that we have the six-party talks, we have another agreement there that will be broken, again. But I had a great time *snicker*. I am absolutely convinced that the North Koreans are absolutely sincere . There's really no reason -- no reason for them to cheat or do anything to violate this very forward agreement. what reason did they have up until this day, TO violate agreements? I mean, I think we can put the North Korea and East Asia problems behind us and concentrate on Iran and Iraq, where, where we still have some ongoing difficulties." O.K, fair point. The problems of the average North Korean won't just go away when America does.

Blitzer: "I've got to tell you, Ted, given the record of North Korea, especially the fact that, in the Clinton administration in '93-'94, they made a similar pledge, which they violated and they backed out of, I'm not exactly sure that I accept all your optimism." I guess it takes a guy like Ted Turner to make a guy like Wolf Blizer look fair and unbiased, and impartial

Turner: "Well, you know, I was optimistic about the Cold War when I got to Russia, too. But I looked them right in the eyes. Wowza! Looked WHO in the eyes? And they looked like they meant the truth. I mean, you know, just because somebody's done something wrong in the past doesn't mean they can't do right in the future or in the present Like who? Muammar Al Qadhafi? . That happens all the, all the time." Where? When? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT BRAINWAVE?!?!
Blitzer: "But this is one of the most despotic regimes and Kim Jong Il is one of the worst men on Earth. Isn't that a fair assessment?" That is a VERY fair fucking assessment, in my opinion.

Turner: "Well, I didn't get, I didn't get to meet him, but he didn't look, in the pictures that I've seen of him on CNN, he didn't look too much different than most other people."

Blitzer: "But look at the way, look at the way he's, look at the way he's treating his own people."
Turner:"Well, hey, listen. I saw a lot of people over there. Well, hey, listen... WHO THE FUCK CARES? They were thin nice observation. Did you learn your observatory skill in journalism school? and they were riding bicycles instead of driving in cars, you don't say but ah"
Blitzer: "Lot of those people are starving." Well, hey, listen Mr. Turner... Wolf is currently conducting REAL journalism as he speaks

Turner: "I didn't see, I didn't see any, I didn't see any brutality in the capital or out in the, on the DMZ. We went, we visit, drove through the countryside quite a bit to get down to Panmunjom and Kaesong. We traveled around. Great story. I'm sure we were on a special route, but I don't see, there's really no reason, North Korea's got enough problems with their, with their economy and their agriculture how did this dumbass ever become a billionare anyway. I think they want to join the western world and improve the quality of life for their people just like everybody else. And I think that we should give them another chance. It doesn't cost us anything. Light water nuclear reactors are free? Where can I get one? We already have had agreements, what happened with those agreements Ted? and North Korea never posed any significant threat to the United States just North Koreans. I mean, the whole economy of North Korea's only $30 billion a year. It's less than the city of Detroit. It's a small place, and we do not have to worry about them attacking us."

Blitzer: "You know, they have a million troops within literally a few miles"

Turner: "A half million." Ziiiiiing!

Blitzer: "Well, best estimates are a million. A million troops along the DMZ."

Turner: "We have a half a million troops, of which 28,000 are Americans and they've been there for 50 years. One of the things I said in both North and South Korea is it's time to end the Korean War officially and move on. And get those hundreds of thousands of young men that are sitting there back building hospitals and roads and schools in North where they are ALL enslaved by communism and South Korea and improving the gross national product. It's just a waste of time and energy for them to sit there." ???????????

Blitzer: "I think the bottom line, though, Ted, and I think you'd agree, they had this opportunity in the '90s, when they signed this first agreement and they cheated. They didn't live up to it. Now they have a second chance. I hope you're right. I certainly do."

Turner: "Well I hope I'm right, too ahahaha. But you know it's, in the Bible says uhhhh ohhhhh. Hey this ain't FOX! you're supposed to forgive seven times seventy, or something like that, hmmmm, seems like Ted is not quite a biblical scholar, and yet he still talks like he is... Could the same apply for his views on Kim Jong Il? but just because, just because, you know, I mean, in 1940, the Germans were our enemies. For the last 50 years, they've been our allies. Really? Same with the Russians were our enemies before '91 when the Cold War ended. Let's give 'em a break. yea, let's give Kim Jong Il a break. Give 'em a break A break in his fucking skull. And besides, even if they do -- even if they do threaten us again, the threat is non-existent to the United States. They can't threaten us. I mean, it's like a fleet attacking an elephant."

Blitzer: "What about those ground to ground missiles that they have, and the CIA-

"Turner: "They can't reach us." Zing #2. Is there a point here?

Blitzer: "Well, they can reach Japan. They can reach South Korea. They can reach a lot of our allies-"

Turner: "They can't reach the USA, and we can pound them into, into oblivion in 24 hours."
So by Ted Turners logic, as long as a country does not have sufficient strength, peace must be forced at all costs, under any circumstance.

Blitzer: "But, you don't want to get, you don't want to get to that. There are some estimates, by the way, that could reach Alaska."

Turner: "Well, what, the Aleutian Islands? There's nothing up there but a few sea lions."
Fuck, I'm convinced. The man is a master (de)bater.

Blitzer: "Well, you know, this is a serious issue. I hope you're right, as I said-"

Turner: "I know it's a serious issue, oh, now I know he knows it's a serious issue. I mean, I didn't go over there to waste my time." Well ya did...

Blitzer: "No, no, no. I'm just, I'm just saying the point you said-"

Turner: "Have you ever been there?" That's relevant. I am as impressed with his visits to North Korea, as I was with Sean Penn's visit to Baghdad.

Blitzer: "I've been to South Korea. I've been to the DMZ."

Turner: "Have you ever been to North Korea?" Ted, normal people do not go to North Korea for the fucking "FUN" of it.

Blitzer: "No, I've never been to North Korea."

Turner: "Well, you know, I mean, at least go up there and look in their eyes and have a chat with them before you -- before you accuse them of-" Oh, so by his logic, only people that have BEEN to the country can discuss it or critizise it's government with any authority. What does that make me?

Blitzer: "By the way, I've made several requests, but they haven't let me into North Korea. But maybe if I go with you the next time they'll let me in."
Hahahahaha! Yea, Ted... also, for the most part, NORMAL PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO NORTH KOREA.

Turner: "Alright, I'll take you. I took Christiane Amanpour with me this time."
Thanks for dragging the one person I respected a little on your whole network, into this shitpile with you... Ya evil pinko whackjob fuck!

4 Comments:

Blogger KnightofGoodMrIronMan said...

Sometimes lefty reporters can hit hard. Sometimes.

I used to LOVE CNN headlinenews, until they turned it into MSNBC-lite

6:46 PM  
Blogger KnightofGoodMrIronMan said...

Good Jeff

I gotta be honest.

After hearing Wolf Blitzer cry about race during Katrina, I really didn't have any less respect for him.

After this, I might have to say I respect him a little. Even though they WERE no-brainer questions. Just like my blog.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when did you ever watch MSNBC? whens that last time you spent anytime watching and TV? come on it sounds like all you do is troll rightwing web sites and form your opinion from someone else's....OK maybe you listen too the radio I'm guessing it's not CBC ethier..

Soldierofthemidway

12:39 AM  
Blogger KnightofGoodMrIronMan said...

Yea, sometimes I read. You should try it.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home